Family / relative visit
Required visa application documents
- Valid passport
- Valid Norwegian Residence Permit (not applicable for Norwegian citizen)
- One completed and signed Visa Application Form
- One passport-sized photograph (taken within the last 6 months)
- Copy of front and back of Japanese residence card of your family / relative in Japan
- Copy of the identity page of your family / relative’s passport
- Proof of relationship to your family/relative in Japan (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate)
- Invitation Letter from your relative in Japan
- Written Pledge
- Flight information for journey to and from Japan (if booked)
- Check list for quarantine regulation
Note 1: In some cases, additional supporting documents may be required.
Note 2: Visa will be for single entry use.
Note 3: Proof of relationship to your family/relative in Japan should be presented at the time of passport control in the port of entry to Japan.
How to apply for a visa
- For visa application, applicants must visit consular section in person, or they may send an agent with a letter of attorney signed by themselves. An appointment prior to applying is not required.
- Application sent by postal mail will not be accepted in general. However, application sent by registered mail may be acceptable only when applicants live far from Oslo. Please note that the Embassy does not take any responsibility regarding any postal trouble such as loss of documents or delay of delivery.
- The Embassy does not return passport by postal mail, and thus the passport should be picked up by either applicant or agent with a letter of attorney at the Embassy after the visa application process has been completed.
Processing time and Visa fee
Processing time is about 1 week in general, but it may vary in each case. For visa fee, click here for the information. Visa application fee must be paid in cash at the time of pick up of visa.