Hvor kan du finne reiseinformasjon om Japan?
Japan. Endless Discovery
Japans nasjonale turistorgan gir deg praktiske og nyttige opplysninger og reiseråd.

Opplysninger om visum (Visa Information)
Vennligst se her for opplysninger om visum (Information in English).
Vennligst se her for opplysninger om Working Holiday Visa (Information in English).
Endringer i lov om registrering av utenlandske personer bosatt i Japan
(Changes to the Basic Resident Registration Law)

Departure from Japan with a special re-entry permit using the automated gates
More information on the Ministry of Justice web page

Since a seal of verification of departure will not be affixed to the passport of a mid-to-long-term resident, etc. when he/she departs with a special re-entry permit using the automated gates, in addition to the matters of note pertaining to the special re-entry permit, a stamp of authorization by the immigration inspector will be stamped on the back of the disembarkation card for reentrant attached to the passport at the time of departure in order to confirm the valid period of the special re-entry permit.

Information regarding bringing medicines or foods into Japan

For inquiries regarding bringing specific medicines or foods to Japan, please contact the relevant Japanese authority directly.

・Foods etc.
General information regarding Customs procedures in Japan:

Contact details, Japan Customs, Tokyo Branch:
TEL. +81-3-5665-3755

For contact details of other branches, please refer to the Japan Customs Authority's home page:

・Medicines (Yakkan Shoumei)
Information for those who are bringing medicines for personal use into Japan


Contact details for Regional Bureau o f Health and Welfare:
Place of arrival: Narita international airport, Tokyo international airport, etc.
TEL: +81-48-740-0800

Place of arrival: Chubu centrair international airport, Kansai international airport, etc.

Place of arrival: Naha airport, etc.

Information regarding bringing animals into Japan

For inquiries regarding bringing animals to Japan, please contact Animal Quarantine Service directly.

Information for those who are bringing animals into Japan


Contact details for Animal Quarantine Service:

Information regarding driving a car in Japan

If you wish to drive a car while in Japan, you must have an International Driving Permit issued by contracting countries and conforming to the model contained in the Convention at Geneva. You will also need to be in possession of your national license while driving in Japan. Please refer to the following links:




Copyright(c): 2015 Japans ambassade i Norge