The Embassy of Japan in Norway is seeking a Housekeeper (temporary)
- Housekeeping (especially laundry, cleaning, ironing, etc.) and caretaking (especially maintenance, gardening, etc.) at the Ambassador’s residence (Dalsveien 36, 0755 Oslo);
- Serving of daily meals and assisting in engagements at the residence;
- Handling of telephone enquiries and receiving of guests to the residence;
- Assisting the Ambassador’s cook in his duties;
- Inventory management;
- Other duties as designated by the Embassy.
- Sufficient command of the English and Norwegian languages
- Good communication skills and a cheerful, pleasant and positive attitude
- Good knowledge and experience of housekeeping and maid service
- This is a temporary replacement position for another housekeeper who is on maternity leave.
- Contract period begins on 16 May 2022 and concluding on 24 May 2023 (working hours, 7 hours per day, Monday to Friday):
- If the local staff member on maternity leave chooses to return to work early, the period of employment will last until the day before this staff member returns.
- Overtime is required on average 4-5 times a month; overtime allowance to be calculated at an hourly rate stipulated by the Embassy.
- Salary will depend on the education and experience of the successful candidate but is expected to be approximately NOK 24,000 to 28,000 per month.
- Application letter (in English);
- CV in required format (in English);
- CV forms can be downloaded from the website of the Embassy of Japan in Norway:
- Copy of main page of passport;
- Copy of residence permit (if you are neither a Norwegian citizen nor an EEA national).
Application to be sent to:
Embassy of Japan in Norway
C/O Administration Section
P/O Box 4060 AMB
If you send your application by post, please inform us of this via e-mail.
Please note: Documents will not be returned.
Acknowledgment of receipt should be received by applicants within one working day after submission. If you have not received a receipt, please contact us by phone on 22 01 29 00.
- Applications must reach us no later than 24 April 2022.
Interview and examination:
The Embassy will conduct primary screening of applicants by means of submitted documents. Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information, please contact Ms. Midori Ujibe, Administration Section, on 22 01 29 00.