Spouse or child of Japanese national
Required visa application documents
- Valid passport
- Valid Norwegian Residence Permit (not applicable for Norwegian citizen)
- One completed and signed Visa Application Form (two for Nationals of Russia, CIS counties or Georgia)
- One passport-sized photograph (taken within the last 6 months, two for Nationals of Russia, CIS counties or Georgia)
- Proof of relationship to a Japanese national
i. For the spouse of a Japanese national : One Official Copy of the Japanese spouse's Family Register (戸籍謄本 ) showing the marriage registration.
ii. For the child of a Japanese national : One Official Copy of the Japanese parent's Family Register (戸籍謄本) and original of applicant's birth certificate
- Checklist for quarantine regulation
Note 1: In some cases, additional supporting documents may be required.
Note 2: Visa will be for single entry use.
Note 3: Proof of relationship to your family in Japan should be presented at the time of passport control in the port of entry to Japan.
How to apply for a visa
- For visa application, applicants must visit consular section in person, or they may send an agent with a letter of attorney signed by themselves. An appointment prior to applying is not required.
- Application sent by postal mail will not be accepted in general. However, application sent by registered mail may be acceptable only when applicants live far from Oslo. Please note that the Embassy does not take any responsibility regarding any postal trouble such as loss of documents or delay of delivery.
- The Embassy does not return passport by postal mail, and thus the passport should be picked up by either applicant or agent with a letter of attorney at the Embassy after the visa application process has been completed.